Sunday, March 19, 2017

Résumer

Bonjour tout le monde!

What a crazy week it has been! This week I got back from vacation on Monday and the very same day my friend from the University of North Dakota came to visit me for a week and explore France for her spring break. She arrived on Monday and was able to spend the weekdays in Aix-en-Provence and travel to Paris with me this weekend for a field trip we took for a class. Also, as some of you may know, last week I spent my winter break traveling through London, Edinburgh, and Dublin! It was very amazing to see all of these different places and be able to speak English for a little bit! Each country proved that even with the same language, there is a lot of diversity and similarities that can exist between the two.

In London, we spent our first two days and last two days there. We saw the touristy sites such as Big Ben, Westminster, The Towel of London, and The London Bridge. It was great to experience a big town and see the popular sites that many people love, but I was exhausted after spending a lot of time in a place that required a lot of transportation. Next, we went to Edinburgh, Scotland, which was by far my favorite of the trip. The town was pretty large, but we could see most of the touristy things from our central location. The town had more of a stony architecture and was very beautiful. We saw many places in Edinburgh, such as the café where J.K. Rowling wrote Harry Potter, as well as learned the history of Edinburgh. In Scotland we also were able to see Loch Ness and other places in the Highlands, which were beyond beautiful.

The last place we went was Dublin. Although it took me a bit to warm up to the town, I really did enjoy it here. It was a perfectly between Edinburgh and London. It was pretty large, but we were able to walk to most places, it just took a little longer. It had similar architecture to Scotland, but had its own unique style. The best part was being able to watch a rugby game, which sadly Dublin lost in, and meet locals from the area.

Each place we visited in the area were different from each other, yet all shared the same language. They had their own history, point of view, and way of life, yet they can easily share similarities. Their beauty and charm extended to different aspects of each of their land, yet they were undeniably still charming. Of course, however, I was excited to return home (a.k.a France)!

P.S The photos I am attaching will be from London, Edinburgh, and Dublin.


À la semaine prochaine!

Big Ben 


The London Eye 


The castle that accompanies Big Ben.


Gandhi. 


Had to get a flag here too.


We unmeaningly walked near a women's protest in London.


Tower Bridge.


Edinburgh, Scotland. 


Me and my friends by Tom Riddle's grave (Harry Potter reference).


This was the view outside our hostel.


Beautiful views in the highlands.


My friends and I in the highlands.


A friendly deer.


I saw the Loch Ness Monster!!


Loch Ness.



No comments:

Post a Comment